Applying for Chief of Staff within AVP Academic Affairs office
About the Associated Students of UCSD (ASUCSD)
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
About the AVP Academic Affairs: Chief of Staff
The Office of Academic Affairs seeks to enhance the academic experiences of students holistically. Aims to improve, create, and institutionalize resources, programs, and networks of retention for students as well as increase accessibility and support for students to feel empowered to exert agency within university academic structures and policies, among many other goals. Commits to addressing and advocating for issues voiced by various student communities.
Goals and Projects for 2017-18
Description of Position
1. The Chief of Staff shall assist the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Academic Affairs.
2. Shall perform logistical responsibilities of the Academic Affairs Office.
3. Shall schedule and take notes of staff meetings.
4. Will lead initiatives and projects as directed by the AVP.
5. Shall coordinate and maintain communication between staff members and AVP.
Submit resume below.